When it comes to large construction sites such as harbors, bridge construction and pile foundation, steel piles do have a pivotal role to play. They are more suitable to soft soils, easy to customize and easy to transport, making it more economical. Since they come with multiple types, if you’re considering steel pipe piles for your major columns, you should rather call in a professional pipe pile supplier. He will help you ensure whether your project requires an open-ended or a close-ended pile.
Piles are generally corrosion-resistant. It is because they are at least 2 feet below the ground level where there’s hardly any oxygen.
Check out these 5 advantages of steel pipe piles before you consider them for your next project:
- One of the biggest advantages of considering steel pipe piles is they penetrate through the hardest of layers including boulders.
- Since steel piles have a small sectional area, driving requires less amount of earth removal and vibration. Apart from this, they are easily customizable in terms of thickness, length and diameter.
- Compared to other piles, steel piles possess high bending strength. This means during earthquakes, they can resist horizontal forces.
- Since steel piles have a large load bearing capacity, they provide strong ng as well as durable foundation to structure.
- Because of their lightness, steel piles are easy to handle. Therefore, they can easily be transported from one place to another.
Along with advantages there are some disadvantages too. Steel piles are highly vulnerable to damage due to corrosion. They are also costly compared to others. Contact a pipe pile supplier to learn more about its pros and cons.
Visit International Pipe
International Pipe is your trusted steel pipe source for more than 40 years in the City of Oklahoma. No matter whether you have a small or big project, we know what it takes to get the job done. Our distribution ranges from new, used to surplus steel pipe. Contact us today to learn more about services and products.